About: Stephen L. Hines, M.D.
I am a Physician and Educator. Primary Care and Palliative Care are my major clinical interests. I enjoy public speaking and creative writing. I believe we excel as physicians when we share both our medical expertise and our humanity with our patients.
Posts by Stephen L. Hines, M.D.:
- With Fresh Eyes (May 3, 2020 - Appreciation of Nature, Everyday Miracles, General, Gratitude, Home, Lessons from Nature, Mindfulness, Self-care, Sheltering)
- Honoring Our Hands (March 20, 2020 - Body Image, Counting Blessings, Everyday Miracles, General, Gratitude, Hands, Honoring Hands, Human body, Mindfulness, Self-care)
- Too Close for Comfort (September 17, 2018 - Doctor-patient relationship, End of life care, Enhancing quality of life, General, Goal-Setting, Goals of Care, Hospice, Medical Care, Palliative Care)
- With Thanks (December 30, 2017 - Appreciation of Nature, Counting Blessings, Enhancing quality of life, Everyday Miracles, Gratitude, Health Benefits of Gratitude, Mindfulness, New Year's Resolutions, Self-care)
- Furry Friends (October 30, 2017 - Alternative Therapies, Animal-assisted activities, Enhancing quality of life, Medical Care, Nurturing, Pet Therapy)
- What’s the Buzz About? (September 4, 2017 - End of life care, Enhancing quality of life, Goals of Care, Human body, Medical Care, Palliative Care, Palliative Radiation Therapy)
- Our Storied Lives (August 3, 2017 - Dignity Therapy, End of life care, General, Legacy Work, Medical Care, Mindfulness, Palliative Care)
- Sprinkles on the Cookie of Life (June 30, 2017 - Art appreciation, Enhancing quality of life, Everyday Miracles, Mindfulness, Self-care)